Friday, July 16, 2010

Adults

You want this 15 year-old girl's point of view on an adult?

Adults are like children but with a little more experience on being child like. Their hearts are just as fragile as a child's. When an adult says, "I know how you feel," it doesn't seem the same. I mean adults just don't know what us teenagers are going through! Right?

Wrong.

They know exactly what you are talking about because they gossip, fight, tear people down, cry, hurt, and feel just like we do. You always feel like you can go to your friends for everything, but why don't we feel that way about adults?

As a kid I told my mom everything, but as I got older I started to feel like she just didn't understand me. When I reached 15 I finally figured it out. She wasn't the one that didn't understand, it was ME! Your friends might be loyal, but your parents are the most loyal people you could ever talk to. They will be there NO MATTER WHAT the situation is.

Adults are not perfect by any means, but nobody is. They have the same insecurities (and more), but they also love, laugh, and build others up like we do (and more).

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitie...I love your blog! And the name. :) And this post...I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very true! I found you through T! I love her very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me so proud of you. It has been the best blessing in life watching you grow up and mature into the beautiful young lady that you have become. You are so right on that I will always be here for you in good times and bad for the rest of my life. I promise that I will love you forever I will like you for always as long as I'm living my baby you'll be...

    ReplyDelete